At Ozemed Medical centre and Surgery we want to ensure that women and men of all ages can choose when and if they want to have children, and get access to the services they need to plan healthy pregnancies.
Our team is committed to helping individuals plan on having children when they want them, when they are best able to afford them, and when they can love them the most.
Our doctors will be able to discuss your present and future requirements and offer advice.
Why it is important to plan your pregnancy
If a pregnancy is planned, you can avoid using alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs that could harm your baby or yourself during your pregnancy. Also, there are certain measures you can take, including taking certain vitamins that may prevent some diseases and conditions in children. Also, you may want to achieve certain educational or work goals before having children.
Our services include
At Ozemed Medical centre and Surgery, our family planning services can include the following:
- A wide range of current contraceptive methods, supplies, and techniques (such as natural family planning)
- Screenings and exams for cancer or other diseases
- Counseling and referral for permanent sterilization services for males and females (vasectomy or tubal ligation)
- Counseling and screening for sexually-transmitted infections or HIV.
- Inserting and removing Implanon (implantable contraceptive device).
- Cervical smear tests
- Pregnancy testing
- Gynaecological problems
- Sexual dysfunction or issues
- Abortion referral
- Fertility services
- HPV vaccination
- Endometrial biopsy
- Emergency contraception - ECP
In addition to the clinical services listed above, we may also offer:
- Counseling and education on the benefits of sexual abstinence and parents’ involvement in the family planning decisions of young adults, and education about healthy relationships;
- Sexually-transmitted infection/HIV prevention and risk reduction;
- Education, counseling, and referral for pregnancy options.
Family planning is fundamental in the prevention of unintended pregnancy, including teen pregnancy. Preventing unintended pregnancy also reduces the incidence of abortion and improves birth outcomes. In addition, family planning information, education, and services reduce both the incidence and impact of sexually transmitted diseases through screening and treatment.
Book an Appoinment
Please fill in the below form & we will give you a call to schedule your appointment.