At Ozemed Medical centre and Surgery we are dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of heart problems. We offer personalized, one-on-one cardiovascular disease risk assessments, including lifestyle management programmes, comprehensive post-treatment care and support for men and women. You will learn about your personal risk factors, and be given the guidance in or order to combat them.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in Australia. It is important to regularly check your heart's health, particularly if you are vulnerable. Patients who are at greatest risk, include those suffering from high blood pressure (hypertension), high cholesterol, those who are overweight or obese, smokers, those with poor diets or low levels of physical activity.
At Ozemed Medical centre and Surgery our diagnostic tests include blood pressure testing, pathology tests and the use of ECG (An ECG measures and records the electrical activity of your heart, and detects heart abnormalities by measuring the electrical activity generated by the heart as it contracts).
During your visit you will be assessed for the following:
• risk of developing diabetes
• lifestyle factors
• medical history
• smoking status
• blood pressure
• excess weight
• blood cholesterol and other blood fats levels
Once these factors are known, we can then evaluate the risk of a major cardiovascular event, such as a heart attack.
A Heart Check is suitable for men over 40 years and women over 45 years. However, you may particularly benefit if you:
• have a family history of heart disease or stroke
• have diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol
• are significantly overweight
• smoke or have ever smoked heavily
• your lifestyle is mainly sedentary, with little or no exercise
• get regular cramping pains in your legs after walking a short distance.
• are commencing sports activities over the age of 40
• plan on joining a fitness centre
• experience heart complaints such as rapid heartbeat/racing heart/skipping heartbeat
• are in stress related situations at work or at home
Book an Appoinment
Please fill in the below form & we will give you a call to schedule your appointment.